In this program, we hear experts with various viewpoints discuss the pros and cons of today’s heated national debate about immigration, especially the numbers of new immigrants who can soon become citizens and the impact they will have on our economy. We also become acquainted with immigration as it pertains to “small town America” located far from any national board.
- Tulip Time Festival, Holland Michigan’s annual celebration of it’s Dutch heritage, showcasing it’s dynamic community and spectacular tulips.
- Holland Michigan, Holland Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- FIESTA, LAUP’s (Latin Americans United For Progress) annual Fiesta.
- “Holland removing Dutch ‘Welkom’ signs” FOX17 West Michigan, 3 March 2016.
- “Ottawa County becoming more diverse” Holland Sentinel, 26 Jun 2014.
Dutch Immigrant – 1957
Phillip E. Van Eyl, Ph.D.
Native of Holland Michigan
Holland City Commissioner
City of Holland
Angelina Ann Halina Gonzales
Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance 1996-Present
Dean for International and Multicultural Education